Thursday, January 03, 2008

Meanwhile, back in the woods...

Happy New Year Everybody! May it be filled with good things and good presidential candidates. May your dreams come true or at least not harass you too much while you're going over your bills or shopping for groceries.

I'm at Yaddo, an artist's colony in Saratoga Springs, NY, working on a novel and will be here until the 17th. I'm staying in a room that once housed Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes when I'm not stumbling around in the snow, which is three feet deep and light as dust. It's an honor and a pleasure to be here, except when the writing's like pulling teeth. But that's where the liquor cabinet comes into play. Hope you all are well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hm....if that's how writers live, maybe I should take up writing.
Except for the snow part, of course...perhaps I should write in the summers only? ;)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go! Go! Go!!!!!!Chug one for me! Jodi

8:53 AM  
Blogger Sharon Pajka,Ph.D. said...

Ha! I thought Jodi's "Go! Go! Go!" comment referred to writing another book. I see where her priorities are:) (love ya, Jodi!)

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! Keep away from the oven!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sharon,
The Go! Go! Go! was about writing the new book! Where are your priorities???????? (love ya right back at ya!:))
Write on, Josh. I finally got my lazy ass up and ordered your book, the only problem is that it won't get here for like another three weeks! Looking forward to it...Jodi

5:48 AM  
Blogger Karen Putz said...

Hmmm, so maybe I should add a little wine to my writing? :)

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home