Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Good times

Aight. It’s on. Finished three hours of pre-op today, operation is set for tomorrow morning. Everyone at the hospital is really nice, though the AC there is set for 47 degrees. Everyone also is in awe of the skull-drilling ability of Dr. Roland, who's performing the surgery. The surgery is almost too easy for him, so to keep it interesting he's going to try and do mine while escaping from handcuffs underwater. The resident who will help him looks like a model so I asked him to be in the movie. "What should I do?" he asked. I said, say "Stat" a lot than seduce one of the nurses.

He likes this plan. This is going to be a great movie.

What a strange world of miracles we live in. The anestheiologist can time my nod to the minute. On the television, grown men in pajamas run around in a field in front of thousands of people. I once saw two sparrows make love under a lemon tree in India. The tinnitus in my left ear sounds like a Caribbean beach. Beneath the desk lamp, a nice cold beer. No complaints.

Stay well. See you stat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home